These Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favorite out of any recipe I've ever tried, developed over several years of experimentation--much of which ended just short of disaster. Yet had I not persevered like the unrelenting badass I am, I would not be presenting you with this recipe today.
And furthermore, these cookies happen to encompass every positive attribute I believe a good cookie should. They are crisp around the edges, chewy in the center, and have a kind of caramelized flavor that make my mouth water just thinking about them.
I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.
Spectacular Chocolate Chip Cookies
List of Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups butter
1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla (or more, to taste)
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
The utterly fantastic part of this recipe, is that it's so versatile. You feel like adding nuts today? Go right ahead. I like toasted pecans in mine. More chocolate chips? Sure! Different kinds of chocolate chips? Be my guest! Whatever tickles your taste buds. I added a bit of cardamom to this batch.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter until light and fluffy--Several minutes at least. Add the sugar and packed brown sugar, then the eggs, beating well between each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
3. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture until it reaches a thicker consistency.
4. Fold in chocolate chips, stir well.
5. For thinner cookies, scoop directly on to a prepared baking sheet, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake in the oven for 7-9 minutes, turning once halfway through.
6. For more structured cookies, chill them for an hour or so in the refrigerator, then scoop and bake as directed.